Five reasons to study abroad
Are you weighing up the pros and cons of studying abroad or in the UK? There are personal and academic benefits to studying abroad, and it will give you a fantastic opportunity to immerse yourself in a different culture to gain a better understanding of the world. There's lots to think about, but here are our top five reasons why you should consider studying abroad:
- It's cheaper: Higher education in the UK isn’t necessarily the most cost-effective choice. A recent study conducted by HSBC found that Germany was the least expensive place to study at less than half the annual cost of a degree in the UK, with France coming a close second.
- Stand out from the crowd: There are thousands of graduates with similar qualifications seeking jobs every year. Studying abroad will help you stand out – it’ll give you more life experience, cultural awareness, and perhaps a different perspective on life to your fellow graduates.
- Study at a top ranking course provider: According to the QS World University Rankings, six of the top ten universities on the planet are abroad, with five of those being in America. Although four of the top ten are UK-based course providers, why not try something a little different and experience the same high level of tuition but in completely different surroundings?
- Get international savvy: In our global economy, an awareness of the wider world can go a long way. Just think of all those international businesses looking for clued-up employees, with an understanding of different cultures and how the world works.
- Whet your appetite for adventure: Want to see the world but can’t justify an extended holiday? Combine the two and study abroad where you can explore as extensively as you like!